Friday, December 11, 2009

Can anyone recommend a good cream eyeshadow?

I want an inexpensive shadow that is nude in color with just a hint of gold shimmer. Also, I would like it to last a while, doesn't have to be 24 hours, but at least a good 8.Can anyone recommend a good cream eyeshadow?
Urban Decay Primer Potion is the best primer by far. My record is having bright blue eyeshadow on for 15 hours without having to touch it up. A good cream eyeshadow would be Bloom. Then have them in pots as well as in tubes. Some other brands that carry cream eyeshadow (and I'm talking good quality brands, not the ones at Walgreen's that will destroy the skin on your lids), Nars, Dior, Urban Decay and Guerlain. As far as the cheap brands, I'm really not sure what to tell you. I don't look at those brands because of the chemicals and fillers that will make my lids itch and feel gross. I prefer a quality product that will last me ten times as long and be ten times as effective. If you want quality in a brand, you may need to bit the bullet and go with something that is made to work. Good luck!





To answer your question, yes it really can make your skin bad. The added fillers (instead of pure pigments and natural ingredients) will encourage premature aging, will interfere your skins natural healing and will soak into your eyes themselves (especially if you aren't using a primer) and do the same kind of damage to your eyeballs. Also, since these are mostly fillers instead of pigments and binding agents, they will fall off your lids or be very prone to creasing at the lid. I work as a makeup artist, and while people don't want to believe that the pricier brands are better in all areas, it is true. I used to use the cheap brands before I switched, and I'm spending the same amount of money in the long run (more money up front, but they don't go bad, last forever and don't loose their pigments) and having much better skin for it. If you have any specific question you can email me. It's not like I encourage spending tons of money, but you can get good quality products that you would be able to afford. If you have questions, feel free.Can anyone recommend a good cream eyeshadow?
A good cream eyeshadow is NARS's Cream Eyeshadow. I think what Duchess of Grapes means when she says, ';...not the [eyeshadows] at Walgreen's that will destroy the skin on your lids...'; is that there are a lot of low quality eyeshadows that can destroy the skin on your eyelids. Some low quality eyeshadows can really destroy the skin on your eyelids.
If you want your eyeshadows to last ,you need to use an eyeshadow primer. Urban Decay Potion Primer and Too Faced Eye Insurance, are popular.
check out Mary Kay.
victorias secret sells them
i dont know the name but theres one in ethel aaustin works nicely

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
freckles